For many nonprofits, Social media is a very important platform that helps you communicate your mission but many do not utilize this enough to generate donations.
So what can nonprofits do to turn their likes into donations?
- Be consistent- Make it easy for people to find you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and any other social media site by using the same name and profile picture (your logo) for each site.
Consistency builds trust and trust makes giving easier.
- Create Shareable Content – Communicate about your current work, success stories, and how your donations are used. Studies show videos are a powerful tool, use them.
- Thank Donors Publicly: Thanking your donors will encourage others to be like them! Take the time to acknowledge donors or fundraisers for your organization that you know would appreciate this special touch. Publicly acknowledging them with a photo and explanation of their donation on your social media pages is a great way to show your appreciation.
- Make It Easy to Take Action – If your social media followers choose to financially support your cause, make that easy for them. Regularly share links to payment platforms, every post should contain a link for them to take further action, whether that’s to donate, learn more about a special event or initiative, or subscribe to your newsletter.
- Have a Follow-Up Strategy
Now that you’ve started to turn your followers into donors, it’s important to create a retention plan for your organization. How will you keep them engaged?
Not only will this create a sense of partnership with your donors, but they will feel appreciated and will most likely donate to your organization again knowing they are making an impact.