Organization: Donors for Africa Foundation
Role: Program Officer
Job Type: Hybrid
Reports to CEO
The primary role of this person is to serve as the point of contact for DFA core programs. Once hired,
the Program Officer will have some of the following responsibilities:
- Program Planning and Implementation:
- Develop, plan, and execute programs aligned with the organization’s mission and
- Monitor and evaluate program activities to ensure effective implementation and
- Plan and execute DFA community initiatives and programs.
- Propose strategies to improve our service offering and program delivery
- Provide community feedback to the management and stakeholders
- Monitor community members’ performance and troubleshoot any challenges they
may be experiencing using key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Collate impact of our programs, testimonials, and success stories for management and
- Participate in social events, corporate events, and workshops.
- Facilitate, moderate events, manage speakers, and engage with different
stakeholders. Including local and international.
- Ensure that all requests are handled promptly
- A daily check-in with community members, providing updates as required
- Adhere to all company and community policies
- Provide reports as requested by management as at when due
- Engage with the online community and respond to comments and requests.
2. Partnership Building:
- Establish and maintain partnerships with relevant stakeholders, including
governmental agencies, NGOs, and local communities.
- Collaborate with partners to enhance the reach and effectiveness of programs.
- Research and Identify potential partnerships, programs, grants, and opportunities for
- Attend networking events or relevant industry workshops.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding
project issues and decisions on services.
3. Budget Management:
- Develop and manage program budgets, ensuring efficient utilization of resources.
- Monitor financial expenditures and provide regular reports to the management team.
4. Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare comprehensive reports on program activities, outcomes, and impact.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation for internal and external reporting
- Manage the database of community members
5. Capacity Building:
- Identify opportunities for capacity building and training within the organization and
- Provide support and guidance to staff and partners to enhance their program-related
- Liaise with other departments to stay updated on new marketing initiatives, product
and service developments, and to ensure brand consistency.
- Manage a vibrant community of changemakers
- Any other task that may be required
Skills required to make this role successful
- Be digitally savvy and up to date with new online media tools
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques.
- Superb time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a related field.
- Proven experience in program management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with others in a diverse team, across
organizational boundaries and multiple locations, and with team members at all levels.
- Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating with both external partners and the internal
project teams in formal and informal presentations
- A passion for social change
- Exceptional professionalism, follow-through and people skills.
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and/or a sense of humour is a plus.
- Availability to travel when required
Interested candidates should submit their resume including three professional references to
[firstname.lastname@example.org] by [February 29th]. Please use “Program Officer Application –
[Your Name]” as the subject line.
Application Deadline: [February 29th]
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and this will be ongoing until
we find the best fit.
Donors for Africa Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals from diverse
backgrounds to apply.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team and contributing to our mission to build a better world
by increasing access to giving, strengthening the capacity of locally-led initiatives to access funds, impact communities, and improve the lives of prospects of everyone in Africa by 2030.