CALL FOR APPLICATION
The application for the 2022 African Social Innovators Boot camp is officially open.
Join leading changemakers from Africa at our rejuvenated boot camp now called GE` DA’ which means ‘Together Build’.
GE` DA’ is a 3 months intensive professional leadership development program that offers you a unique opportunity to learn how to improve your community by acquiring new skills and accessing funds to solve issues related to sustainable development goals.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
GE` DA’ is a 3 months intensive professional leadership development program for sector leaders working to improve their communities by addressing issues related to sustainable development goals. It is for those who desire to understand how to play in the development sector and want to deep dive into how to build a sustainable social impact organization.
Participants are selected from diverse sectors in development from different countries in Africa and encouraged to lead change boldly. Last year, over 237 applications were received and 45 people were selected to participate.
This year we will be welcoming 100 more. Will you join us?
In this program, we are committed to empowering participants through an immersive learning experience, fostering more collaborations and co-creation while learning from sector experts, peers, and leading development organizations.
After the 12weeks of training, participants will pitch and get funded.
For partnerships & sponsorship, please send an email to email@example.com or call 09021851964
Course modules will cover;
- Professional Development Training
- Social Innovation Techniques
- Resource Mobilization
- Starting & Scaling
- A systems approach to solving problems
- Impact Assessment / Monitoring & Evaluation
- Resilience & Leadership
- Talent Management
- Hybrid Meetings
- Virtual Mentoring Engagements
- Group Peer-Peer Sessions
- Professional Networking Interactions
- Alumni Engagements and much more
- Virtual / Onsite Training
- Capacity Building Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Personal Support from a dedicated in-country manager
- Post-fellowship support
- Recognized professional certification in Social Enterprise Management
- Funding Opportunity
- Exclusive Invitation to topical growth webinars
- Remain a valued member of the network for future events and ongoing activities
- Build professional credibility with this one of a kind, immersive experience
- Life Skilling – getting comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Exposure to invaluable professional networks and alumni network opportunities
- A global family for life!
- Group Workshops
- Expert Sessions
- Cash Prizes
- Media Exposure
- Project/ Funding Referrals
- Growth Network for Life
APPLICATION RESOURCES AND TIMELINE
- Applications Open – October 1st, 2021
- Deadline – October 30th, 2021
- GE’DA’ Start Date – January 2022
- GE’DA’ End Date – April 2022
- GE’DA’ Pitch Competition (2.0) – May 2022
In order to be considered for this fellowship, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be the founder or hold an executive position within an organization
- Be available to commit to attending all sessions
- Applicants must be 21 – 45 years. Younger applicants are welcome if they have a strong application
- Ability to attend the launch and graduation event
- Applicant and social enterprise organizations are interested and ready to scale the organization
- Must be creating positive, direct, and intended impact aligned to one or more of the SDG’s or AU Agenda 2063 / have a strong desire to
- Make full payment of fee if accepted. Scholarships may be available
- All applicants will be notified of their selection status by November -December 2021
- 232 Applications were Received
- 45 Social Innovators Selected
- 10 Finalists
- 1 WinnerApplication InstructionsPlease note that this program is merit-driven, if you are selected and do not follow through with all program requests, you may not receive your certificate from all local and international partners. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more.